NORMAN M. KATZ and JAY R. BLOOM, provide representation in a variety of estate and life planning matters, including:
- Guardianships for minors and incapacitated persons: Court appointed custodian of the care and management of the person and/or estate of an individual who cannot act on their own behalf.
- Conservatorships for minors and incapacitated persons: Court appointed custodian of property belonging to another person determined to be unable to manage his or her own property.
- Last Will and Testament: A revocable document by which a person makes a legal declaration of his or her wishes as to the disposition of his or her real and personal property, to take effect after his or her death.
- Living Will: A document which governs the withholding or withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment from an individual in the event of an incurable or irreversible condition that will cause death within a relatively short period of time without such treatment, and when such person is no longer able to make decisions regarding his or her medical treatment.
- Power of Attorney: A document which allows an individual to appoint another individual as their agent, and confers to that person the authority to perform certain acts on their behalf, including financial transactions and health care decisions.